And why?

Maintaining contact with the people I love (or maybe just like) will be difficult around the world. Here, if you desire, you will find my hardships and triumphs documented at my discretion for you all to see. I hope to have a few laughs, less tears and some mighty fine stories by the time I am done.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dinner conversation

Mother, I hope you don't mind me sharing this story.

We received your letters today, sent from across the Atlantic. Because I was not expecting your handwriting to be written to anybody but me, I opened the one addressed to Mrs. Paola and family. Let me simply say that Paola, Saverio and Francesco all read it separately and all commented that you had written "safe". "She thinks you are safe here?" According to them, you must be misguided as to what is actually going on in this house. It was also pretty funny to hear Francesco read, "Clear Paola,..". Your handwriting is hard for me sometimes, but then give it to Francesco and it just becomes comedic. Other than Saverio, who had to be convinced that "Paola and family" on the front of the envelope was because mothers need to write to mothers and not because he wasn't the head of the family, everyone appreciated the gesture and found it to be a very nice letter.

Another oops today...

"I decided" is not "ho deciduto" in Italian. That means "I died".

No comments:

Post a Comment