And why?

Maintaining contact with the people I love (or maybe just like) will be difficult around the world. Here, if you desire, you will find my hardships and triumphs documented at my discretion for you all to see. I hope to have a few laughs, less tears and some mighty fine stories by the time I am done.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

To volcanoes and beyond

I remember very well how excited I was in the fall to find vulcanologia as a course that I could perhaps take. At that point, it felt like a pipe dream but now I am so excited to be crawling into bed to wake up early to catch the train to Vesuvious and after, the Aeolian Islands. Just proof at how the time flies and how things just work out sometimes. With my batteries charged and memory cards blank, I am ready to go. After, I will be with mom and Whitney on a grand adventure to Rome, Naples and the Amalfi coast. It will be strange being away from Bologna for so long, but the summer is wrapping up for me here and there are still lots of things to fit in. Can I mention that sampling in Rome might actually happen now? This is getting overwhelming!

No comments:

Post a Comment