And why?

Maintaining contact with the people I love (or maybe just like) will be difficult around the world. Here, if you desire, you will find my hardships and triumphs documented at my discretion for you all to see. I hope to have a few laughs, less tears and some mighty fine stories by the time I am done.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Still lovin delivery

Today felt really good. It wasn't a day where I put on my boots and new pants and tried to look Italian - which is a total waste anyway - I slipped on my trekking shoes, forgot the umbrella and hit the streets, even running if I felt like it. The best thing here that I am learning is how to be happy, or to be responsible for my happiness. It truly can't be faked, but realized. Last night for example, sitting around swapping swearwords with the Italians was only partially enthralling, but the discoteche was the coolest, I know I will miss it when I go home. For me, it is not about the hot new hits or the alcohol or the Italian-speaking men, I just like to dance. Now to the other side of the spectrum. Tonight we had delivery (awesome) pizza. Sitting around the table would probably be boring for a lot of the discotechers, but I could not have had more fun discussing the noises animals make.

For example
I say a dog says "woof woof" They say a dog says "bow bow"

Indeed, simple, but when the whole family starts expressing the language of the animal kingdom, it gets pretty funny. Follow this with some nursery rhymes and I call it a good time.

More than anything else, today has been a good day because I had American pancakes...with Nutella.

1 comment: