And why?

Maintaining contact with the people I love (or maybe just like) will be difficult around the world. Here, if you desire, you will find my hardships and triumphs documented at my discretion for you all to see. I hope to have a few laughs, less tears and some mighty fine stories by the time I am done.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Things I never thought I would see

Blue skies, new flowers, warm air, David... Florence was grand. We arrived without an itinerary and only the hope of surprise and new sights. Well, that was essentially the whole day. Florence really was a beautiful city and I had excelent company to see it with. Granted, there were zillions of tourists, even for a Monday in February. It was a tad frustrating for people to speak in english to us, but if we responded in Italian, typically they seemed happy to carry on that way. One of the best stops was at a stationary store that had the classiest ink pens, made paper and wax/seals. The woman who ran the store was incredibly kind. She was so happy to show us how the pens worked and how they made the paper. It really made me want to pick up the art of letter writing and feel like Ben Franklin.

Here are the pictures,


One thing that is not photo-documented but still excelent was my ravioli with walnut cream sauce. Who knew?

1 comment: