And why?

Maintaining contact with the people I love (or maybe just like) will be difficult around the world. Here, if you desire, you will find my hardships and triumphs documented at my discretion for you all to see. I hope to have a few laughs, less tears and some mighty fine stories by the time I am done.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Do I like this city?

Foggy night, foggy day. With a few days inbetween, my whole perspective changed. Tonight was really beautiful. The city is unique at the biggest scale to the smallest. What is interesting is the contrast between the old and new and how the blend of time is really seamless. I saw my first cobbled street today and had an amaretto sour in a trendy place for dinner...or snackes at least. One great thing is that once you start walking, you don't want to stop. There will be a street that goes off around a bend (because everything bends) and it is just so inticing. The graffitti on the colored walls was a bit disheartening the first day, bt I just hadn't wandered far enough. There are arches over all the pathways and many of the streets are incredibly narrow and shared by cars, motorcycles and people alike. It feels like one of those car commercials where there is a shiny, black car (of some fancy type) zipping through narrow streets with their advanced handling systems as the old painted brick vaults overhead to flowered balconies. It is like being there sometimes. Not always, but I like the feeling when I get it. Makes me want to look around to see if there is a camera nearby.

Too tired to go into more details beyond car commercials, but I want to let you know that I made a youtube channel that has my curacao videos on it. If you are interested.... They aren't organized or tagged, but if you search jwaldsm2, you should find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment