And why?

Maintaining contact with the people I love (or maybe just like) will be difficult around the world. Here, if you desire, you will find my hardships and triumphs documented at my discretion for you all to see. I hope to have a few laughs, less tears and some mighty fine stories by the time I am done.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cooking is the best when you can lick the bowl

Sunday, fluffy snow, old bananas, homework....the perfect ingredients for a banana bread day. Personalizing a foodtv.com recipe with converted and estimated ingredients didn't slow down progress and the end result was surprisingly edible. I think the fam was happy I decided to stretch my American cooking muscles, which is leaving me inspired to try again soon. Here is the view from the kitchen door...


Just kidding! The first picture is the winner.

Class and life are becoming more standard now and I don't feel so stressed out by the pressure of changing schedules and feeling tossed into the air. My University courses are not set in stone yet, but I hope it will be soon. Just as long as I can take vulcanology, I think I will be happy. Any class that has a portion described as "highly hazardous" is worth the effort and an obvious choice.

Is this thing allowing comments now? Perhaps not the best question to ask considering the mode of response....

J

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait til you get home and teach me the correct way to make pasta!

    Does the flour feel different? I've read that the flour used in Italy is quite different than what we have in the states!

    Love hearing about all you are doing! We will talk soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flour that I used seemed the same, also the stuff that I used to make pasta. Even if I think about it, I can't come up with a noticeable difference, but then again, my hands are not as experienced as yours!

    ReplyDelete