And why?

Maintaining contact with the people I love (or maybe just like) will be difficult around the world. Here, if you desire, you will find my hardships and triumphs documented at my discretion for you all to see. I hope to have a few laughs, less tears and some mighty fine stories by the time I am done.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Primo Pizza

The fam and I went our for pizza tonight, my first pizza since before I arrived. It was a place that served pizza Napolitano-style, which is supposed to be the best. It really was quite delish, though amazingly floppy (the crust had no strength to speak of). It is super cool how little things taste different...cherry tomatoes, cheese, Coke Light (diet), fries Napoli-style. The napkins felt like real cloth too. These little details are really quite exciting, but being with this family makes it really worth appreciating. Tonight, I sometimes really understood what the conversations all meant. We do tend to speak english a bit, but that is ok. It helps them to get to know me better and it is really good for the kids to hear it as well. I like being able to interpret some things for them. Rather than being frustrating, it is pretty funny to try and explain little differences or understand what the other is getting at. Paola is really helpful as well. It is nice that she can help me with my grammar as I speak. I am amazed by how welcoming they have been to me. It is really something that means a lot. It is so easy to become comfortable with people when they bring you in so readily. With some of the fresh snow outside the restaurant, the dad and son started a snowball fight with the rest of us. For whatever reason, seeing a grown man initiate a snowball fight just made the evening that much better. Since they can relax and be themselves around me, it is a lot easier to do the same with them.

1 comment:

  1. These people sound like they're the best! Are snowball fights different in Italy?

    ReplyDelete